Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Asparagus Quiche with a Spaghetti Squash Crust (Low Carb) with 751x532 Resolution
Asparagus Quiche with a Spaghetti Squash Crust (Low Carb).
You can cook Asparagus Quiche with a Spaghetti Squash Crust (Low Carb) using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Asparagus Quiche with a Spaghetti Squash Crust (Low Carb)
- You need 13 ounces of Asparagus.
- It’s 1/2 of Small Yellow Onion.
- You need 2 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 5 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 cup of Swiss Cheese (grated).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Pepper.
- You need 1 of Small Spaghetti Squash.
- Prepare of Oil spray (to coat a pie pan).
Asparagus Quiche with a Spaghetti Squash Crust (Low Carb) instructions
- Heat the oven to 400° F. Cut the Spaghetti Squash in half, longwise. Use a spoon to remove the seeds. On a foil lined pan, put the squash halves in the oven, cut side down, and bake for 40 minutes. Most of the remaining prep can be completed while the spaghetti squash is being baked..
- Cut off the woody ends of the asparagus. Chop the onion, mince the garlic, and cut the asparagus spears into 1-inch pieces..
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat, and saute onion and garlic for several minutes, until the onion is soft..
- Add the asparagus and continue to saute until the asparagus has turned bright green and is soft but not limp..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cheese, salt, and pepper..
- When the spaghetti squash is ready and cool enough to handle, use a fork to scrape out the strands. Do not turn off the oven and keep it at 400° F..
- In a oil sprayed pie pan, scoop the loose strands from the spaghetti squash and push them against the sides of the pie pan to form an even "crust" throughout the pan..
- Pour the milk & egg mixture into the pan..
- Add the asparagus, onion, and garlic on top of the egg mixture; making sure it sinks in..
- Bake for 40 minutes until quiche is firm..
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.